Software Guide, Reviews & Download for Windows OS
Softgets provides Windows Latest News, how to articles & Free Software download.
In this article, you will find clear and definitive guides about how you can Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows PC just in a couple of minutes.
VMware is a giant among its competitors for creating virtualization both in macOS and Windows PC. The macOS version is called VMware fusion and the window version is VMware workstation.
VMware simply allows the users to run different and several operating systems on a single platform without any hardware or operating system damage to a host computer where it is installed. Furthermore, it also allows running a 64bit OS parallelly on a 32bit operating system.
The most common features of VMware are included as below.
You can download the VMware software from its official webpage. Once you downloaded the VMware proceed to the installation phase. The installation is as simple as installing other software on a windows pc.
However, if you don’t know the complete procedure of installation you may refer to the VMware manual or on-screen instruction where you will find the step-by-step guidance.
Currently, the public beta and beta-1 versions of macOS Catalina 10.15 are released.
Beta 1 is only available for paid developers’ accounts and the final version is expected in late 2019.
You can download the virtual image for VMware from the following links.
1. After installation, open the VMware workstation and create a new virtual machine.
2. Now Select the option “Typical” and click next to proceed to the next step.
3. Next, choose the option “I will Install the Operating system later” and click next to proceed.
4. In this window you will find a bunch of options to select the operating system you want to run. In this case, you have to go for the third option “Apple MacOS X”.
5. Now, choose the name of your virtual machine and select the location you want the VMware to be installed.
Furthermore, you also need to adjust the amount of storage you want to dedicate to the virtual machine.
1. Edit Memory: Open VMware and go to Virtual Machine Setting => Hardware => Memory and decrease or increase the amount of memory you want to dedicate to the virtual machine.
2. Edit Processor: Again, Virtual Machine Setting => Hardware => Processor and select at least 2 cores for the virtual machine.
3. Edit Hard Disk: Go to Virtual Machine Setting => Hardware => Hard Disk => Remove Hard Disk => Add Hard Disk => Select Hard Disk and click next =>Select SATA => Use an existing Virtual Disk => Browse for existing disk file => and click finish => OK
Remove and Add | Select Hard Disk and click NextSATA | Use an Existing Hard Disk
Step Five: Exit VMware
Now, completely exit VMware. To do so, go to File Tab and press exit.
In this step locate the macOS 10.15 Catalina where you placed it. If you did not select a specific location by default, you will find it in Documents Folder. And apply the following procedures.
1. Find “vmx” extension and open the vmx extension with notepad.
2. On a notepad, paste the code (smc.version = “0”) at the very bottom. As shown below:
If you have done all the above steps correctly you are good to install macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to install the macOS 10.15 Catalina on VMware Workstation on Windows Pc.
One of the essential ways to run macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC is using VMware Workstation. This will allow users to experiment and explore macOS 10.15 Catalina and software.
I hope you find this article worthy. If you have any feedback and question, feel free to leave them in the comment box below.